If your car title happens to get stolen, or if it somehow disappears, make sure you know what to do to get a replacement vehicle title! You can go through the following steps, or you can contact American Roadside Assistance of Orlando to take care of the hard work for you. The choice is yours. Contact us today to get started.
- Getting the application: You should be able to locate the application for Florida online from the state’s DMV site. If not, you will have to either go to the DMV to pick up a copy of the title replacement application or request an application by phone or by mail. It is important that you specify that this is an application for a replacement title and not a new one, as these are different applications.
- Collecting the paperwork: Unfortunately, you need more than just an application to get your replacement title. Many states require that you pay a fee, have specific forms of identification, and car-specific paperwork such as your insurance and registration. You will also need your car’s VIN, or its Vehicle Identification Number. This can be found on the car itself if needed.
- Complete the application: Be careful to fill it out as thoroughly and properly as possible. One mistake can make the car extremely difficult to sell in the future. If you have a new address that is not on file with the DMV, you will have to first complete the procedure for changing your address. You will also need your driver’s license number and contact information.
- Explain why you need a replacement title: You can indicate what happened to your title, whether it was lost, stolen, or damaged.
- Take your application, all necessary fees, and documents to the DMV: Once you have completed the application and have all the necessary items to get a replacement title, go to the DMV and submit everything. Once they have your application, you can expect them to issue a new title and mail it to you within 15 to 30 days.
We know how much of a hassle this entire process can be, which is why we are happy to handle it for you. Your vehicle title is extremely important, and it may not be worth it to try to replace the title on your own, as one misstep can lead to serious problems and wait times in the future. Call American Roadside Assistance of Orlando today to speak to professionals who have over 35 years of experience doing title work.
Our team knows what you need in order to replace your title, as well as where to find all the necessary documents. Don’t stress about replacing your title. Contact our team and let us know how we can help you. We understand the importance of following the legal processes, and we have a lowest-price guarantee. If that isn’t enough, our licensed, bonded, and registered agents can help you find the necessary documents and forms if you are unable to find them yourself. Let us help you get your replacement title. Make sure to call us today to learn more!